Product vs Premise Liability

Updated: May 25, 2020

An important part of owning and running a fireworks retail location is making sure that you have the right type of insurance. Product and premise liability are two options that Spirit of ‘76 can extend* on to our customers. Our sales team is happy to assist and answer any questions regarding liability options.

Product Liability:

The official definition of Product Liability is, the legal liability a manufacturer or trader incurs for producing or selling a faulty product. This type of coverage is in place in the event of a product malfunction were to cause injuries or damages property.

Premise Liability:

The official definition of premise liability is, the legal concept that typically comes into play in personal injury cases where the injury was caused by some type of unsafe or defective condition on someone's property. This is commonly referred to as general liability and slip & fall coverage. This type of coverage is in place in the event someone injures themselves at your retail location and sues. Examples include: if a shelf tips over on a customer, or if someone trips on a tent stake. An important note is that premise liability does NOT cover any events involving employees or autos.

**It is important to remember that Spirit of ‘76 does not sell or provide insurance, we can extend premise and or product liability to our clients as part of our agreement with them to sell/buy fireworks.

6 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All